Saturday, October 13, 2007

Tree In The Wind

On the advise of my clever little adoption agency, I have decided to renew my 1-600A, which is the equivalent of a bathroom pass from the USCIS to adopt a child internationally. They are however, much harder to come by than the high school bathroom pass. This is where all the parts come in - the home study, which is the holy grail for adoption, the birth, marriage and divorce certificates, and the appropriately filled out forms accompanied by a pleading, but well-crafted letter explaining why I am making this request.

I have acquired all of the parts needed to re-apply for this pass and have sent them off to my local USCIS to ask for re-permission to adopt. My agency fears that I may overlap the time limit put on the 1-600A and accompanying fingerprints while I wait for my referral for B the G. I think it's quite funny that your fingerprints expire after 15 months with USCIS. How can that be? They are still your fingers, right? Do they think you'll be able to slip some new ones on there with 15 months of research?

But with my newly-possessed, tree-in-the-wind frame of mind, which I do believe comes from being at this process for two years, I just bend over and take my shot as they ask me to do. All of this is just processing, just time, while they put me in line, find my old files, and update my requests in their database. And on the bright side it means going to Moscow a bit later in the year when possibly, maybe it just might be a bit warmer over there. Justin is trying to avoid his busy season at work in April/May for our trip to get B the G. This may be a problem for him, which translates into a problem for us. But there's no point in worrying myself about it now. Tree in the wind, tree in the wind....

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Haaaa! you are so funny, I swear. Bathroom pass!
If I weren't so scared of someone from THAT govt agency reading this and punishing both of us with stalled adoptions, I'd comment on exactly how right-on the money you are with the BATHROOM analogy. (Stinky/Poo Poo/Arses).

Keep writing, Meg! I love it!

Jennifer said...

Post more, lazy bones! Write! Write!