Monday, November 12, 2007

Last Piece

My I-797 arrived in the mail last Friday which gives me the federal green light to adopt internationally. Not only that, it arrived about 3 weeks earlier than I expected. I didn't even check the mail that day. Justin brought it in when he came home from work, which made it all the sweeter in it's surprise arrival. Usually I'm a mailbox-watching bloodhound, when it gets close to expected delivery times for these documents, bounding out of the house as soon as I see the truck. My mailman thinks I have a crush on him.

This little piece of paper is the last piece in the puzzle and my dossier should be ready to ship as soon as my agency receives it. I Fed-exed it Saturday, needless to say. According to them, in 2-4 months after the dossier goes to Russia I will get my invite from Moscow. So say it gets to Russia at the end of November. Could be possible travel in March or April. Even May or June factoring in hurdles and glitches. Unreal. What was so far is now faintly visible, dare I say imminent. I'm nervous.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Woo hoo! That's great news!!!!!!!