Friday, December 7, 2007

Christmas Condi

Wow, that was quire a prolonged absence, but I have been doing a tremendous amount of traveling lately with the holidays. Lots of driving time which led to a lot of highway thought about B the G. No more news as of yet from the agency, but right now I'm taking that as a good sign.

I'm watching Condi Rice closer than I've ever cared to, mentally willing her to sweet talk her way into Russia's heart over the Iran sanctions issue. I don't know if sweet talk is her strong suit, but I'm sending her the vibe just the same. I can't afford any international diplomatic breakdowns or even political gaffs to put a hold on Russian international adoption.

I know it's enormously egocentric of me to put my impending adoption on par with nuclear weapons development. But if they could all agree over some caviar and vodka,-and really how can you disagree with caviar and vodka involved- it would ease my mind a bit. Interesting that the countries that are holding out on imposing these sanctions are Russia and China. Maybe Guatemala and Kazakhstan will join in to make it consistent.

Speaking of that, my adoption agency just opened up adoptions in Liberia, which makes me happy. I like to see new countries open up those possibilities for their children and for waiting parents. Although I suppose it also indicates deeper socio-economic troubles for said country. Silver linings and clouds, and all that it implies.

So to to stick with my GOP theme here, this season I am simply staying the course. As GW so eloquently stated, I've got to be ready for any unforeseen event which may or may not happen.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love the GW quote. You are so funny.
Where are you? Post already!
J.