Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Beenie Weenie


Little face turned sideways and looking out.













I had a Doppler test done which is exactly like the green and red storm systems you see on the Weather Channel, except they measure where the blood is flowing inside B the G.  They look at little weather systems in her brain, kidneys, heart and several other vitals and she scored very well, everything getting the blood and oxygen it should be getting. 

Afterwards the neonatologist came in to give me the good news.  I was so relieved, I got a little teary.  She asked me if I was stressed out, and admonished me for worrying.  I don't know if their average patient is some sort of robotic, unfeeling automaton, but honestly.  How can they tell you that you need all of these tests and your baby is this and that and you have to come in twice a week.  Now go home and don't worry.  I explained my position on worrying to her.  It's just something that comes naturally to me after getting this kind of news for my first, miraculously conceived, high-risk pregnancy baby.   She assured me that these are very precautionary, preventative measures and that her feeling is that B the G is simply a wee bairn, as the Scots say.  I told her that after this test and her reassurances, I would certainly rest easier and be more likely to stay worry- free.  I will try anyway.

I still have to go in twice a week to monitor her movement, breathing, amniotic fluid and heart rate, but that's ok for now.  Today at the ultrasound (above) she was face up and head down, just blinking and breathing, peering out sweetly towards my belly.  It was wonderful to see her again.  Her next measurement visit is in two weeks and if she hasn't grown significantly by then, we'll discuss inducement at 37 weeks so we can get her out, bypass my placenta or whatever is holding her up in there and physically stick the food in her mouth.

On another topic, I had my first shower last weekend in my beloved Charleston at Mimi's house.  The dirty dog snuck the whole thing past me into my beach weekend visit and I couldn't have been more shocked.  My family was there, except for my mother who couldn't make it, and so many friends from high school, college, and Moo Roo, it was like an episode of This Is Your Life.   There I was in the special chair, opening pink fluffy things, letting people rub my belly, listening to congratulations, advice and birth stories and I couldn't soak it up enough.  I wanted it to last forever.  I never thought I'd get to be the lady in the special chair with the big belly.  It was wonderful and I  felt so much love and support from these people that had known me for so long.  I grinned and laughed and grinned some more and I thank my lucky stars for putting me in that chair with all of those people around me holding me up.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. She is soooo cute!!!!!
J.

Anonymous said...

hiya and welcome babythegreat.blogspot.com owner discovered your blog via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my website. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com