Monday, September 15, 2008

Low Rider

Ok, almost a full 10 months pregnant.  Friday is D-day at 40 weeks and she really can't get much lower without falling out.  

I have an overwhelming urge to clean the blades on the ceiling fans, not to mention the fridge, the dog, the car and the washing machine.  Yes, I cleaned the washing machine.  The dog was harder.  

I took the car to the local fire department and got a lovely fireman to help me install the car seat properly today.  He had just completed a four day seminar on car seat safety and installation, so I feel pretty confident that it's in there correctly.  Can you imagine a four day seminar on child seat safety?  I should bring him some doughnuts or something.  What do firemen eat?

B the G is still grooving around on a regular basis in there, although it feels different now because she is lower and her movements lately seem less...punchy for lack of a better word.  Maybe she's gearing up too, steering towards the mental focus and balance of  T'ai Chi rather than the physical Taekwondo she'd been practicing in the past.  

I'm feeling good.  Calm and strangely confident now.  Justin is still battling his back pain and my mother fell and broke her foot in two places, so her visit is out.  Hopefully my sister will still make it at some point, but I can do this.  I am excited and watchful and present at the moment.  It's very dream-like.  I don't think it will be too much longer.






2 comments:

Carol said...

I have half a mind just to drive to Atlanta on Friday after school lets out. Really! Our little star swinger will be out soon!

Meg said...

I would tell you to come on down, or up as the case may be. But the way this is going we might end up sitting around drinking coffee and waiting for this little one to start her engines for a few days.

I think she's stuck. Get the salad spoons, man!